The Star is a small town pub with 2 benches out the front over looking Baddow Road. It is owned by Gray & Sons who manage many Essex pubs.
- 199 Baddow Rd, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 7PZ
- Tel: 01245 251577
The Star is on the outskirts of Great Baddow on the border with Chelmsford, up Baddow Road. It is about midway between Beehive Lane and the Army and Navy roundabout.
The pub has existed for at least 132 years. According to the 1881 census Robert Green resided there and was employed as a Publican and Dealer. He was followed by Walker John Hicks in 1882, who continued to live there until at least 1943.