Please note, the URC has been sold and is no longer at this site.
For local URC’s please see http://www.urcchelmsford.info/
The Chelmsford Group of the United Reformed Church was based in Great Baddow High Street next door to the library.
Visitors always welcomed
A Short History
Great Baddow United Reformed Church dates back to 1814 when a group of non-conformists began meeting in the village. After WWII the chapel was promoted to church status and started operating in conjunction with the Baddow Road Congregational Church.
In 1972 the United Reformed Church (URC) was founded when the Congregational Church and Presbyterian Church combined. By 1977 the current building was extended to provide room with Junior Church, toddlers and various children’s and young peoples groups, Women’s Fellowship and other Church associations meeting on a regular basis.
In 2001 the building saw further improvements with a new kitchen and better facilities for the disabled.