The hall also has a bar and can be hired for parties and weddings. It also hired by fitness classes and social groups such as the Horticultural Society, Theatre at Baddow, the Women’s Institute and dance schools.
The Parish Council work to retain a village identity for Great Baddow and to foster the community spirit.
The office in the Parish Hall is open from 10 am to 1.00 pm each weekday and one Saturday morning a month.
- Great Baddow Parish Council, Parish Hall, 19 Maldon Road, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 7DW
- Booking: 01245 472937
The Parish Hall was formerly a school. It was designed by Chelmsford’s famous architect Fredrick Chancellor (who also designed Pontlands Park) in 1965 and extended twice, first in 1928 and again in 1981.
Today the hall is considered to be a good example of a 19th century school building, designed by a local architect with fine detailing. It is made from red brick with yellow brick dressings and has a plain tile roof. Dormers run along the eaves line on the south side of the building. It has three lanced windows with stone heads and glazed trefoil openings.