The J’s Hospiceis based on Church Street in Great Baddow. They provide hospice and respite care services to young adults with life limiting and life threatening conditions between the ages of 16 and 40 years.
- Address: 36A Church Street, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 7HY
- email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01245 475474
- Web: www.thejshospice.org.uk
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheJsHospice
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheJsHospice
Speak to Katherine Barrett (Clinical Secretary) for information about care services and Dominique Brunning (Fundraising Manager) for information about fundraising.
Care is provided for people with cancer, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, Juvenile Huntington’s disease and many other conditions. In many cases the condition results in disability.
Their focus in on providing good care and symptom control to improve well being. Care is provided within the patient’s own homes. This is extremely important to ensure that families are not separated during times of illness. When a young person falls seriously ill time in hospital invariably means time away from parents, friends, partners and children.
The J’s Hospice also provides:
- Specialist advice and support
- Expert advice in transition from children’s to adult services
- Practical nursing care for symptom control, pain relief, monitoring medication
- Respite care in the home
- Counselling with a qualified professional
- Chaplaincy for spiritual support
- Music therapy
- Complementary therapies
- Volunteer drivers
- Family support
- Young Adult Groups
- End of life care
- Bereavement support
The J’s organise many charity events throughout the year. Their most recent fundraising event is the Chelmsford Marathon. They also raise money through walks, bike rides, golf days, boxing evenings, charity quizzes, triathlon, mountain climbing and international treks.