Interested in education and wish to make a positive contribution to the community?
Baddow Hall Infant School is looking to recruit Governors and Associates.
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
Our school Governing Body is made up of individual’s who have range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences. The Governing Body plays a key role in:
- Setting the school’s short and long term strategic direction.
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the Head teacher and therefore the performance of the school as a whole.
- Ensure that the school’s financial budget is properly managed and that the money is well spent.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for Co-opted and Associate* members with specific areas of expertise and experience. *Associates attend and contribute to discussions at Governor body meetings but do not have the ability to vote. These individuals may convert to Governors in the future.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who has an interest, passion and be willing to invest time in our children’s future ideally with experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas
- Managing Charitable trusts
- Understanding Legal documentation
- Strategic planning
- Working with data
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to meet other people and staff of the school with the aim of raising standards of the achievement of all children
- Training to develop an understanding of specific School management issues
- No pay but lots of job satisfaction and sense of achievement in making a difference to our school and the children who are there.
For an informal chat and more information regarding the role please contact Angela Pearson (Chair of Governors) on email@example.com